Monday 11 November 2013

Want a stylist? Ask a toddler!

I recently saw a skirt I liked SO much in a magazine article, I immediately went online to try and buy said skirt. Nowhere to be seen on the website. I even emailed the company but to be honest the reply sounded as though they didn't understand my query. You'd expect a store to know when they were appearing in any printed media, right? Hope you're paying attention TopShop.
And so the quest commenced. Not rational I know but if you are into clothes I am sure you have felt the same feeling. I now 'had' to get a full, knee length patent pvc skirt. I searched and searched, saw things that were almost ok, then found this beauty on www.asos.com
It's so super shiny! Perfect for dull rainy days as it will also be waterproof. Where is the relevance of the toddler I mentioned in the title? Well, having bought the skirt, I have had it lying over my chair in the bedroom for a couple of weeks. I had a kind of sartorial stage fright. I walk the kids to school every day, is this REALLY a walking to school skirt? I am going to ease myself in to this gently. In my head I am the kind of person who wears edgy things that make people stop and look. The reality is I had a wobble and felt too timid. My 5 year old saw the skirt and said 'ooh mummy that's BEAUUUUUTIFUL' I need to listen to her advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment